(1) A bachelor degree from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent;
(2) Met the language proficiency requirement of Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent [see Note];
(3) Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
(4) Good computer knowledge including MS Excel and Chinese and English word processing skills; and
(5) Good communication and interpersonal skills.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
Duties of Post (a):
(1) To assist in the preparation for and conduct of public elections (such as handling of election-related complaints, election nominations and other election-related duties), voter registration and voter turnout campaigns;
(2) To provide general administrative support;
(3) To perform outdoor work as required; and
(4) To perform other duties as required.
Duties of Post (b):
(1) To assist in promoting the work of District Council;
(2) To assist in handling funds applications and related matters for funds allocated to District Council;
(3) To assist in reviewing the procedures relating to funds applications;
(4) To provide administrative support for the daily operation of District Council and its Committees/Working Groups;
(5) To assist in daily management and maintenance of district facilities under Tuen Mun District Office (TMDO);
(6) To assist in managing the trees under the management of TMDO;
(7) To assist in planning and monitoring of District Minor Works (DMW) Projects;
(8) To provide administrative and logistic support in arranging works meetings under DMW Projects; and
(9) To perform other duties as and when required.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from the date of appointment to 31 October 2020 for Post (a) and 12 months for Post (b); Contract period may vary in view of operational need;
(2) For Post (b), further renewal to be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs;
(3) Candidates appointed may be required to work overtime and work on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
(1) Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance;
(2) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340(Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website ((http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed application forms together with photocopies of academic certificates and employment proofs should reach Tuen Mun District Office, 2/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, on or before 5 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope "Application for Non-civil Service Post (a) Executive Assistant (Election) and/or Post (b) Executive Assistant (District Council/District Management)" [Note: applicants may apply for either Post (a) or (b), or both Posts (a) and (b)]. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered. Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Candidates should bring along the following documents when attending interview: (i) HKID Card; (ii) original of academic proof; and (iii) original of employment proof.
Tuen Mun District Office, 2/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, N.T.