(a) Minimum seven years of relevant full-time work experience gained in corporate account relationship management, marketing, investment promotion or business development in financial services;
(b) A Hong Kong Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferably in business administration, finance, economics or international marketing; a post-graduate degree holder in finance-related disciplines or holder of professional qualifications would have an advantage;
(c) Previous experiences in serving Mainland financial institutions would be an asset; and
(d) Fluency in English, Cantonese and Putonghua is a must. Proficiency in other languages, such as Japanese, French and German will be an advantage.
Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK) is looking for a dynamic, experienced, passionate and enthusiastic applicant as Senior Manager of Financial Services.
You will join a team of experienced professionals from banking and finance focused on the financial services sector. In collaboration with the InvestHK Headquarters and global teams and key external stakeholders in Hong Kong and overseas, you will be responsible for supporting your teammates to attract financial institutions, family office (FO) businesses etc. from the Mainland and overseas to set up their operations in Hong Kong.
First, you will drive the investment promotional activities and assist in the overall promotion of the Hong Kong financial services, a key pillar industry in Hong Kong, to demonstrate to investors the growing business opportunities in the financial services sector that can be seized in and via Hong Kong, and support them throughout their journey.
Second, with a strong drive to deliver tangible results and positive impact, in particular, you will also be responsible for achieving performance targets, managing project generation and nurturing these relationships from strategic markets around the world until these prospects set up their operations in Hong Kong.
Third, you will be responsible to help promote setting up financial institutions in Hong Kong including FO and private wealth management businesses from the Mainland and overseas through close collaboration with major stakeholders in Hong Kong.
Overall, your role is instrumental in making this happen, especially through active collaborations, content development and active use of technology, digital, social media, and analytics.
You will need to demonstrate:
• proven experience in the banking and finance sector;
• strong track record in achieving sales/performance targets, preferably with business development and client-centric skills;
• excellent communication and presentation skills; and
• previous experience in the Mainland China is preferred, with ability to speak Mandarin.
The position will require some international and Mainland travel.
InvestHK is a department of the HKSAR government tasked to attract and retain foreign direct investment in Hong Kong. For more information about InvestHK, please visit our website www.investHK.gov.hk.
(1) To attract foreign direct investment (FDI), which includes the identification of and reaching out to Mainland and overseas financial institutions which plan to establish an office or expand in Hong Kong;
(2) To facilitate financial institutions, including banks, investment banks, fund managers and administrators, FOs, private equity firms, hedge fund, financial advisors and intermediaries, air/ship leasing companies, corporate treasury centres, insurers, trust advisors, risk management firms, regulatory related organisations and industry associations, etc. in setting up/ expanding businesses in Hong Kong;
(3) To conduct research on markets and companies in the financial services sector, answer enquiries from clients, liaise with financial regulators and other relevant stakeholders in the public and private sectors, prepare marketing materials, pitch decks, presentations, and take part in investment promotion activities to retain and attract companies;
(4) To help organise activities such as round-tables, seminars, sponsored events and duty visits to promote Hong Kong’s financial services sector;
(5) To lead projects independently and ensure key performance indicators (KPIs)/reporting are met on a timely basis; and
(6) To provide support on project coordination, logistics arrangements on investment promotion duty visits and up-to-date information stored in dedicated FO website, promotional videos, pitchbook on FO and re-insurance and/or captive insurance, and brochures and banners, etc.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful applicant will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for normally 24 months. Renewal of contract will be subject to the service need of the department and the performance and conduct of the applicant.
(a) An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will equal 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period; and
(b) Applicant appointed will be granted 14 days of annual leave. Other benefits, such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity / paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted mainly in line with the provisions of the Hong Kong Employment Ordinance.
(a) Applicants must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Applicants appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Applicants appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of applicants meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified applicants for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled applicant meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by e-mail.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit the following items on or before the closing date of application:
(i) a letter of application setting out in detail why the applicant considers
himself/herself suitable for the position and a full curriculum vitae (CV) to the email address: email@example.com; and
(ii) an application form by using the on-line Application Form [Online GF 340] at the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk) for online application.
Applications without any of the above or late submission will not be processed.
As notifications will be sent to applicants by email, applicants should provide an accurate email address in their application. Applicants are responsible for checking their emails to ensure that notification(s) could be duly received.
If no acknowledgement/ confirmation email is received after seven working days from the closing date of application, please contact this department by phone at 3107 1076. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for selection interviews within six weeks from the closing date of application. Those who are not invited for selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Invest Hong Kong, 24/F, Fairmont House, 8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central, Hong Kong