General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 15 ($29,005 per month) to General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 24 ($37,230 per month).
(1) (a) Level 2 or equivalent [Note a] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or (b) Level 2 [Note b]/Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(2) at least 3 years’ experience in large scale catering;
(3) the ability to prepare Chinese and European dishes;
(4) the knowledge of hygienic food preparation, calorific content and balanced ingredients of diet; and
(5) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note b] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(1) For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
A Senior Fireman/Firewoman (Canteen Supervisor) is mainly deployed on :
(1) supervision of the canteens in fire stations and ambulance depots;
(2) training of staff of the Emergency Feeding Unit in hygienic food preparation;
(3) drawing up programmes for emergency catering in all contingencies;
(4) providing catering at Service functions; and
(5) organising and providing emergency catering in incidents such as fire and landslides as necessary.
Senior Fireman/Firewoman (Canteen Supervisor) is subject to discipline and is required to wear uniform, work shifts as necessary and perform regular ‘on-call’ duty.
Terms of Appointment:
New recruits will be appointed on prevailing probationary terms for 3 years and may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period. Before passage of probation bar, appointees should be subject to satisfactory completion of service, fulfilment of the requirements of the grade and service need.
Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, housing assistance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(f) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(h) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting.
(i) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
(j) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
(1) Candidates may apply: (a) by submitting the completed application form [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] in person to the drop box provided at G/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon (opening hours during recruiting period: Monday to Friday (except public holiday) – 9:00 am to 6:30 pm); or (b) by post, forwarding a completed application form [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] to the Appointments Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post; or (c) by on-line application through the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Towards the application deadline, on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of on-line application, it is advisable for candidates to submit their applications as early as possible.
(2) Application Forms [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any fire stations or ambulance depots, Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department and Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(3) All applications must be submitted in accordance with the aforesaid methods. Applications which are incomplete, late and applications submitted through other means will not be considered.
Appointments Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon.
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao on 11 May 2018 & 18 May 2018
South China Morning Post on 12 May 2018 & 19 May 2018