Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Around $490,000 per annum + gratuity
(1) A Hong Kong bachelor’s degree in IT or computer studies, or equivalent;
(2) A minimum of 3 years’ full time post-qualification working experience in IT field including 2 years’ working experience in Java programming in recent 3 years;
(3) Solid working experience in one or more of the following areas and proficient with relevant tools:
Java programming, Web programming, iOS/Android Mobile application programming, Responsive Web design & content development, Oracle, HTML5;
(4) Level 2 (Grade E before 2007) or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examinations (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(5) Resume must be enlisted with skill and experience of career history in chronological order;
(6) Good oral/written communication skills in both Chinese and English and interpersonal skills; and
(7) Diligent, with initiative, good analytical and problem solving abilities.
‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To undertake programming duties for the development of web-based application;
(2) To undertake/assist in system development and maintenance activities including analysis and design, system testing, user acceptance testing, data conversion, user training and production support of computer systems;
(3) To undertake/assist in the evaluation of IT hardware, software and technologies;
(4) To undertake/assist in the procurement for the acquisition, installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software;
(5) To undertake/assist in quality control of development and maintenance activities;
(6) To provide IT training to end users; and
(7) To prepare, examine and update documentations, including procedures and reports.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) 2-year contract;
(2) Monthly salary $35,105;
(3) Discretionary performance pay up to about 1 month’s salary in every six months;
(4) 14 days’ annual leave; and
(5) Gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contributions equivalent to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates appointed must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise short-listing criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above address.
How to apply:
Completed application form (GF340(Rev.3/2013)) together with a resume and detailed description of the duties of previous and present employment should be sent to the Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central on or before 15 July 2019. Application forms can be obtained from District Offices of the Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Labour Department, or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications that are incomplete, without a resume and the required supporting documents will not be considered.
Successful candidates are expected to assume duties in October/November 2019. Those who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date for application should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: