Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Around $740,000 per annum + gratuity
(1) A Hong Kong bachelor’s degree in IT or computer studies, or equivalent;
(2) A minimum of five years’ post-qualification working experience in IT field, of which a minimum of three years should be in design, implementation and maintenance of large scale IT applications with complicated business logics and multiple system interfaces;
(3) Working experience in IT application development of postal or logistics business is preferred;
(4) Working experience in a large IT department with well established procedures and standards on IT application development and maintenance is preferred;
(5) Proficient in one or more of the following areas:
Java/Oracle/SQL Server/HTML5 Application Development; Responsive Web Application Development, iOS/Android Mobile Application Development;
(6) Good interpersonal and persuasive skills in managing multiple stakeholders to adopt an IT solution effectively to meet business and operational targets;
(7) Level 2 (Grade E before 2007) or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(8) Resume must provide career history as well as skills and experience in chronological order;
(9) Good verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills in both Chinese and English; and
(10) Diligent, with great initiative and good analytical and problem solving abilities.
‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To manage the system development and maintenance activities including analysis and design, system testing, user acceptance testing, data conversion, user training and production support of IT systems;
(2) To perform the evaluation of computer hardware, software and technologies;
(3) To coordinate the procurement of computer hardware and software, including the acquisition, installation and maintenance;
(4) To ensure high quality in the development and maintenance activities of IT systems;
(5) To coordinate with users, contractors and other concerned parties on the system implementation activities;
(6) To undertake system analysis, design and programming duties for the development of IT applications;
(7) To provide IT training to end users; and
(8) To prepare, examine and update documentations, including procedures, standards and reports.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) 2-year contract;
(2) Monthly salary $52,930;
(3) Discretionary performance pay up to about 1 month’s salary in every six months;
(4) 14 days’ annual leave; and
(5) Gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contributions equivalent to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates appointed must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise short-listing criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above address.
How to apply:
Completed application form (GF340(Rev.3/2013)) together with a resume and detailed description of the duties of previous and present employment should be sent to the Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central on or before 15 July 2019. Application forms can be obtained from District Offices of the Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Labour Department, or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications that are incomplete, without a resume and the required supporting documents will not be considered.
Successful candidates are expected to assume duties in October/November 2019. Those who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date for application should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: