Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Leisure and Cultural Services Department
Administration Division, Stadia Office
Part-time Ticketing Assistant
HK$65 per hour
(1) (i) have Level 2 or equivalent [See Note (1)] or above in five subjects, including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics, in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; OR
(ii) have Level 2 [See Note (2)] / Grade E or above in five subjects, including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) or equivalent;
(2) At least two-years’ full-time post-qualification working experience;
(3) Speak fluent Cantonese, English and Putonghua;
(4) Familiar with computer applications;
(5) Customer-oriented and good communication skill; and
(6) Hands-on working experience in cash-handling or ticketing operation will be an advantage.
(1) For non-civil service appointment purpose, “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) For non-civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language respectively in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(3) Candidates should state clearly in their applications their full record of employment and academic qualifications. Applications which did not provide all information as requested or which are not clear that the candidates have met the entry requirements will not be considered.
(4) All qualifications required should be obtained on or before the application deadline. Qualifications obtained after the application deadline will not be considered.
(5) Candidates who are invited for interview will be required to produce the original copies of the official transcripts, certificates and proof of working experience for verification and photocopies for record purposes. The application will be deemed unsuccessful if any applicant fails to produce the original copies of the required documents for verification.
(a) To sell and dispatch tickets at the Ticketing Offices located at the Hong Kong Coliseum and Queen Elizabeth Stadium;
(b) To preform day-end sales reconciliation and prepare ticket sales and related financial reports;
(c) To handle public enquiries about ticketing matters;
(d) To provide clerical support to the office; and
(e) To handle ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Appointees are required to work shifts, irregular hours on Mondays to Sundays including public holidays.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on Non-civil Service Contract Terms.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed application forms should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for application. Please clearly mark on the envelope “Application for the position of Part-time Ticketing Assistant” (the postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission). Applications which are not made in the prescribed application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)], incomplete, late, not duly signed, not clear that the applicant has met the entry requirements, or submitted by fax or email will not be considered. Applicants who are not invited for interview 3 months after the closing date for application may assume their applications unsuccessful.
(2) To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to the enquiry address and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage.
Stadia Office, Leisure and Cultural Services Department, 9 Cheong Wan Road, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily News on 3 May 2019
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: