Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Radio Television Hong Kong
Assistant Programme Officer in Chinese Radio Programmes
Master Pay Scale Point 14 (HK$26,700 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 27 (HK$49,445 per month)
Candidates should have
(a) (i) a Hong Kong Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent; or
(ii) an accredited associate degree or an accredited higher diploma in a relevant or related discipline (Journalism & Communication, Creative Media, Media Studies) from a Hong Kong tertiary institution, or equivalent; and 2 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, filming; or
(iii) an accredited diploma in a relevant or related discipline (Journalism & Communication, Creative Media, Media Studies) from a Hong Kong tertiary institution, or equivalent; and 4 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, filming; or
(iv) a pass in 2 subjects at Advanced Level in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) and Grade C or above in 3 other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (which may include Level 3 in Chinese Language and English Language), or equivalent; or Level 3 or equivalent [See Note (1)] or above in 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (which may include Level 3 in Chinese Language and English Language), or equivalent; and 5 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, filming; or
(v) Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language together with 3 other subjects at Grade E or above in HKCEE, or equivalent; or Level 2 or equivalent [See Note (1)] or above in 5 subjects in HKDSEE (which should include Chinese Language and English Language), or equivalent; and 6 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, filming; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKCEE or HKDSEE, or equivalent.
(1) For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE.
(2) For civil service appointment purpose, “Grade C” and “Grade E” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE are accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 3” and “Level 2” respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(3) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment. Candidates who are invited to attend the trade test(s) will be assessed on their BL knowledge through a written test on the same day. The BL test result will be one of the considerations to assess the suitability of a candidate.
(4) Candidates expecting to obtain the required academic qualifications within three months from the closing date for application may apply. Consideration for appointment will be subject to their successfully obtaining the required academic qualifications.
(5) Candidates will be required to pass trade test(s) (e.g. voice test) for consideration of his/her suitability for appointment.
(6) Candidates have to provide documentary proofs of their qualifications and relevant experience before or after the recruitment interview.
(7) Candidates who have taken and completed a relevant subject related to Journalism & Communication, Creative Media, Media Studies from a local university or tertiary institution, or equivalent, are advised to indicate clearly the subject taken under Section A (II) – “Education” of the G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013). Candidates are also advised to indicate clearly their highest attainment for Chinese Language and English Language in HKALE/HKCEE/HKDSEE (or equivalent), under Section A(I) and (III).
(8) Candidates who have acquired relevant experience relating to radio programme production in a media organization are advised to indicate clearly the business nature of the organization and the candidates’ nature of work under “Employment Record” of the G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013).
An Assistant Programme Officer in Chinese Radio Programmes is mainly deployed on (a) producing Chinese radio/multi-media programmes and organizing projects; (b) performing as presenters, researchers, script-writers, and production facilitator; (c) working out production and post-production details and performing administrative duties; and (d) providing support to Community Involvement Broadcasting Service.
(Note: May be required to work irregular hours and shifts; and to work during typhoons, Black Rainstorm Signal and other emergencies.)
Terms of Appointment:
A successful candidate will be appointed on three years’ civil service agreement terms. A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the agreement with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution to the Mandatory Provident Fund Scheme, equals 15% of the total basic substantive salary drawn during the agreement period. Upon completion of the three years’ civil service agreement terms, the officer may be appointed on the prevailing permanent terms.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(f) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend trade test(s).
(h) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend trade test(s) without being subject to further shortlisting.
(i) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should provide copies of their official transcripts and certificates.
(j) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system will likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application must be made on the prescribed application form G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013), which is obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk) or RTHK’s website (http://rthk.hk/recruit). Applicants should submit their application on or before the closing date of application through either one of the following means: (a) deliver or post it to the address stated in this advertisement [The post mark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the post of Assistant Programme Officer in Chinese Radio Programmes”]; or (b) submit it through internet [through Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applicants are recommended to apply through the internet]. Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority should submit copies of their official transcripts, diplomas/certificates and other relevant qualification documents to the department on or before 19 September 2016 by delivery or post to the address stated in this advertisement or by email (email@example.com) [please clearly state the internet application number, where applicable, on every page of the documents]. Applicants are encouraged to provide their email addresses on the application form. Applications that are incomplete, or without the needed qualification documents, or late or submitted by fax/email will not be considered. [The aforesaid email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) is only for acceptance of supporting documents and not for application.] Candidates who are selected for further consideration will normally receive an invitation in about 6 to 8 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited to trade test(s) may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Recruitment Team, Radio Television Hong Kong, 21/F, One Mongkok Road Commercial Centre, 1 Mong Kok Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: